Who we are & what we do
Town and parish councils are the first level of local government and are made up of democratically elected representatives. They provide communities with a democratic voice and a structure for taking community action.
Sprotbrough and Cusworth Parish Council has 17 councillors who are re-elected every 4 years. Further information on each Parish Councillor and how to contact them can be found on the Councillors web page.
The next scheduled Parish Council elections are due to take place on 6th May 2021.
The Parish Council owns and manages several assets within the Parish;
- The Goldsmith Community Centre, children's play area and wider open space.
- New Lane adventure play ground and recreation area.
- Anchorage Lane Park including children's play area, skate park, outdoor gym and pavilion.
- Newlands Park including pavilion.
- Allotments at Windsor Walk, Scawsby.
- Joint ownership of Scawsby Community Centre, Barnsley Road.
In addition the Parish Council activities include;
- commenting on planning applications within the parish.
- providing community grants to support local groups.
- the production of a Neighbourhood Plan for Sprotbrough.
- production of a Parish Newsletter.
- liaising with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure /policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area.
- engaging with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area.
The Parish Council produce an Action Plan each year which sets out the activities of the Parish Council each year. This can be downloaded below.
Parish Council Action Plan 2020-21 (PDF, 219 Kb)
Parish Council meetings
Further information relating to Parish Council meetings can be found on the Council Meetings web page.
Committees and working groups
Performance, Review and Staffing Committee
The Performance, Review and Staffing Committee consider all matters that concern the performance of the Parish Council or it`s employees.
Chairman - Cllr Tony Rawlings
Vice chairman - Cllr Angela Curtis
Further details on the agenda and minutes for this committee can be found on the council meetings page.
Brodsworth and Sprotbrough Joint Management Committee
The committee manages Scawsby Community Centre on behalf of both Parish Councils;
Vice Chair - Cllr Tony Rawlings
The minutes for this committee can be found on the council meetings page.
There are two working groups;
- Parish newsletter working group - Chairperson Cllr Pat Haith
- Community Assets working group - Chairman Cllr David Holland
Representatives on outside groups
The following Councillors represent the Parish Council on outside groups/ bodies;
- Neighbourhood Planning Group - Cllr Cynthia Ransome, Cllr Lynette Chipp, Cllr Dawn Longley, Cllr Tony Nicholson
- Don Gorge Community Group - Cllr Cynthia Ransome
- Parish Council Joint Consultative Committee - Cllr Angela Curtis (Cllr Tony Nicholson substitute)
- Sprotbrough Community Library Management Committee - Cllr Angela Curtis
- Doncaster Transport User Group - Cllr Angela Curtis and Cllr Sandra Holland
- Yorkshire Local Council Association - Cllr Allan Jones
Contact the Parish Council
Contact details for the Parish Council office and officers.